SA20 league is a franchise T20 cricket tournament to be played in South Africa in 2023. SA20 League-2022-23 is the inaugural edition of the SA20. It is the ongoing big battle of the T20 cricket league in South Africa. It is organized by Cricket South Africa (CSA) administration. SA20-2022-23 league is also known as SA20 T20 League or CSA T20 League-2023.
It has been scheduled with 33 T20 matches, with 6 franchise teams owned by the 6 different Indian Premier League (IPL) team’s owners. It is set to be played over one month. It is scheduled between January 10th-2023 and February 11th-2023. It is the inaugural season.
So, many people don’t know how the SA20 fantasy league works in 2023. So here, you will find a detailed view of SA20 fantasy league work for the 2023 tournaments.
- How Does SA20 Fantasy League Work – Interesting Matches Are Awaiting
How Does SA20 Fantasy League Work – Interesting Matches Are Awaiting
SA20-2023 is the ongoing inaugural season of the SA20 league. It is scheduled between January 10th-2023 and February 11th-2023, with 6 franchise teams taking part. It has received much media attention and scrutiny because IPL franchise owners own 6 teams.
Just like other franchise T20 domestic tournaments, it is going to be played in a double round-robin and knock-out finals format. Out of 33 matches, almost 29 matches have been completed so far.
Currently, Pretoria Capitals and Joburg Super Kings hold the top 2 places in the SA20-2023 league. Cricket fans call the SA20 league-2022-23 a mini-IPL because IPL owners buy six teams. It is a new league for fantasy fans.
So, they don’t know how to play the SA20 fantasy league, how to join league SA20 league, how to select a player, change the team in the SA20 fantasy league, and more. So here, you will find the answers to all the above questions. Let us see about the SA20 fantasy league work in 2023.
What Is The SA20 Fantasy League?
The SA20 league is South Africa’s premier T20 cricket league started in January 2023. It was founded in August 2022. It is hosted by Cricket South Africa (CSA) administration. The inaugural edition features 6 teams based in South African cities.
Six teams acquire their team players through an auction. SA20 is the second cricket league in the world after the Indian Premier League (IPL) to select their players through auction. Each team purchases a squad of seventeen cricket players, with the opportunity of signing up to five players before the auction.
The five players can be selected as 3-international, one South African player, and one uncapped South African player. In the world, there are several fantasy websites and apps available to play all types of sports.
The major fantasy app is Dream11, My11Circles, MyTeam11, Vision11, and more apps available on both android and iOS devices. Users can select any of the fantasy apps and play the SA20 fantasy league.
How To Play SA20 Fantasy League?
Here are the steps to play the SA20 fantasy league work-2023 tournament.
- Download the fantasy app like Dream11, MyTeam11, My11Circle, and more apps available in both the Android-Google play store and the iOS- Apple play-store. Dream11 is the no.1 fantasy app in the world.
- Then, register using your mobile number or Gmail Id.
- The next step is payment. If a user is new to the fantasy sports app, I suggest you play without paying an entry fee, i.e., practice contests. Please note that practice contest users will not be eligible to win any prize amount. If a user is familiar with the fantasy sports app, then join the contests, and play the SA20 fantasy league work.
- After paying an entry fee, the user can select the league and match, i.e., the SA20 fantasy league.
- Then, create a team and join the contests. There are a wide variety of contests available in fantasy apps. For example, in Dream11, there are four types of contests available in fantasy cricket, i.e., Mega contests, Public contests, Private contests, and Practice contests.
- After the selection of players, track the team’s progress in the live match to see a player’s progress.
- Then, follow your rank on the ‘contest leaderboard.’ Based on a player’s performance in real-match, your score points, i.e., Fantasy Point System, will be competing.
- After the match ends, the final step is the winner’s declaration. Once a match is complete, winners are declared for the respective match, and awarded prize money will be given to the user. If users have won cash, then the user can now access the fantasy app account and transfer the cash into their bank account. User can withdraw their cash instantly by using payment gateways.
How To Select A Player In The SA20 Fantasy League?
The most vital part of any fantasy league match is selecting a player. Using a credit point of 100, the user can select the players from 2 teams.
Users can build 11 players, and a maximum of 7 players can be selected from any one of the teams. Several fantasy app platforms have different rules for team composition. Users can select the players for any fantasy league match based on team composition only.
Below are the team composition criteria for fantasy cricket in the Dream11 fantasy app.
|Player Type||Minimum Players||Maximum Players|
Then, assign a captain and vice-captain for your team. The fantasy point system will vary for many fantasy apps. For example, In Dream11 – the captain gets 2x points, and the vice-captain gets 1.5x points. Users would get those points if both scored in a live match.
How To Change Teams In The SA20 Fantasy League?
The SA20 has announced a new set of rules and playing formats in the SA20-2023 league. For the first time in the premier T20 league, the team captain can select the playing XI players after the toss is conducted.
Before the toss, a team captain can nominate up to 13 players to take the field. After the toss, a captain can pick the final eleven players. The remaining two players will then become substitute players.
So, fantasy users have a question about how to change teams in the SA20 fantasy league work-2023. Fantasy apps have an option called a booster. The next question is how to use boosters in the SA20 league.
Because of the new rules in the SA20 league, the fantasy app has that booster option in SA20 fantasy league. Using those options, the user can change teams in the SA20 fantasy league work in 2023.
FAQ Of SA20 Fantasy League Work In 2023
1. What is a good team to make for SA20 league?
Based on players’ past performance in the match, users can select a team for the SA20 fantasy league. Totally six teams are participating in the SA20 league-2023.
2. How to win in SA20 League?
If a user selects the players according to their performance then the user will get more fantasy points. If users earn more fantasy points, they will earn more money i.e., real cash.
3. How many matches are there in SA20?
The SA20 2023 league is an inaugural season. SA20 league-2023 has a total of 33 matches. Out of 33 matches, 30 league stage matches and 3 playoff matches. The top 4 teams will move to the playoff stages.
Conclusion – SA20 Fantasy League Work
We hope the above article will help you find a detailed view of the SA20 fantasy league work in the 2023 tournament. And also discussed what is SA20 fantasy league, how to play, select a player, and change a team in the SA20 fantasy league.
SA20 League-2022-23 is the inaugural season of the SA20. It is scheduled between January 10th-2023 and February 11th-2023, with 6 franchise teams taking part.
It is a double round-robin format in the league stage or group stage matches which implies that each team will play with every other team twice in the league stage, i.e., a total of 10 matches per side. Hopefully, I pointed out how the entire SA20 fantasy league work in 2023. So look at the above article to view the full schedule of the SA20 fantasy league work in 2023.